General research funding
- Provide $100 billion in guaranteed, mandatory spending for new NIH research over the next 10 years to support people with disabilities.
Secondary education and jobs
- Abolish sub-minimum wage.
- Raise the number of people with disabilities in federal service to 14 percent of the overall workforce.
- Fully fund the Office of Disability Employment Policy.
Early intervention and primary education
- Fully fund the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, plus $20 billion.
- Increase funding for early intervention.
- Establish universal childcare.
- Implement Department of Education regulations to ensure that students of color with disabilities are treated fairly when it comes to identification, classroom placement, services and accommodations, and discipline.
- Add more than 3 million new affordable housing units, and prioritize a portion of these units to people with disabilities.
- Pilot non-police mental health crisis response teams.
- Create a healthcare system that will eventually be single payer and that covers dental, vision and long-term services and supports.
- Create a Social Security credit for caregivers of family members.
- Cap drug prices at 110 percent of the average
international market price.
- Remove the limit on the number of drugs for which Medicare can negotiate prices.
About Cross Talk
Discussions among leading experts in the field. Submit your questions to [email protected]