Crosstalk Debates and conversations about timely topics in autism.
General research funding
- Require royalty payments to the government for intellectual property (drug research) that the NIH sells to private companies.
Secondary education and jobs
Early intervention and primary education
- Issue grants to encourage states to enact universal preschool.
- Provide housing vouchers to all Americans at or below 30 percent of the local median income.
- Expand access to alternative-to-incarceration programs.
- Implement crisis-intervention teams with mental health professionals for 911 responses.
- Expand Medicare to cover routine dental, hearing and vision checkups.
- Put a $2,000 cap on Medicare beneficiary out-of-pocket spending.
- Expand enrollment in the Affordable Care Act by restricting the sale of health plans that don’t meet the act’s standards.
- Expand Medicare to include an optional policy covering dental, hearing and vision care, and Medicaid to require oral health services.
- Cap drug prices at 120 percent of the average price among other Western countries.
- Ban drug company payments to pharmacy benefit managers.
- Expand the National Health Service Corps.